Pumpkins are popping up everywhere! There are so many fun pumpkin crafts and pumpkin art that you can make–like these 30 Easy Pumpkin Activities!
30 Easy Pumpkin Activities
This post contains affiliate links.
Pumpkin activities and crafts are a great way to herald fall and Halloween! Fall crafting sessions are a wonderful time to talk to children about the changing seasons, what happens to the leaves and trees, harvest time, and even Halloween! Some of the most educational conversations I have ever had with my children have been while crafting. Busy hands = free and open minds.
It’s so cozy to make cups of hot apple cider, and create our own fall decorations, with a fun family Halloween movie on in the background! My kids also love it when I read them books about pumpkins when they are fall crafting. One of their favorites is, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
In this wide assortment of pumpkin crafts, we also included several pumpkin activities that don’t even require a real pumpkin, in case you’re looking for something different! So get into a festive fall spirit with you kiddos, and let’s make some easy pumpkin crafts that your kids will proud of!
Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
- No holiday is complete without a themed sensory bin! We are loving Little Bins Little Hands‘ Simple Fall Harvest Sensory Bin!
- Nurture Store has a Cute and Easy Pumpkin Craft for preschoolers that teaches and reinforces scissor skills.
- We love this adorable Pumpkin Craft that you can fill with candy!
- Glued to My Crafts‘ Yarn Pumpkin is a great art project to add to your kids’ pumpkin activities this fall!
- Make Edible Pumpkin Pie Play Dough with this tutorial from Coffee Cups and Crayons.
- This Pumpkin Spice Clean Mud from Frogs, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails looks like a fun sensory activity for kids.
- Paint pumpkins with the Chirping Mom‘s Toilet Paper Roll Painting. Dip an empty roll in orange paint and stamp it on paper. Use a crayon to color in a stem!
- Let toddlers Hammer a Pumpkin in this Montessori inspired kids activity from Living Montessori Now.
- Teach preschoolers about shapes with Preschool Activities‘ Pumpkin Craft Idea for Kids.
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Upcycle an old book into a book pumpkin. This idea is so fun and different!
- Fantastic Fun and Learning‘s Paper Plate Pumpkin is a cute art project that also doubles as a name recognition activity. This pumpkin activity is also great for fine motor skills!
- Teach kids numbers and help them sharpen motor skills with I Heart Crafty Things‘ Preschool Pumpkin Lacing Activity. It even comes with a free printable!
- Dress your Halloween candy or goodies in Buggy and Buddy‘s Pumpkin Perfect Wrapping. A little tissue paper, an empty TP roll, and a green pipe cleaner is all you need.
- Fun and easy painted pumpkin rocks are perfect for homemade games, story telling, counting, and open-ended play!
- Check out this “Five Little Pumpkins” Finger Play pumpkin activity for kids, from The Homespun Hydrangea.
- All you need besides a pumpkin is gauze and googly eyes to make these spooky, but cute, Mummy Pumpkins, from Mother’s Niche.
- Let your kids make this Owl Pumpkin Centerpiece, from Real Simple. They’ll be so proud to show it off!
- Make Glue Sticks and Gum Drops‘ adorable Beaded Pumpkin Craft with your kids, for fun fall activity!
- Are you looking for a fun and festive treat for your child’s school party? DIY these Pumpkin Treat Cups!
- Nothing says “fall” or “Halloween” like Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
- Create a Halloween garland from Edventures with Kids‘ Pumpkin Salt-Dough. Design your ornaments, and after they dry, you can paint them and hang them in your home.
Toddler Pumpkin Activities
- The Simple Parent has the easiest Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft that you can make with your kids.
- Use an apple as a stamp to make Pumpkin Art with kids, with this brilliant idea from Frugal Mom Eh!
- Make this Felt Pumpkin, from Teach Beside Me. With extra face pieces, your kids can create the pumpkin face that matches each card. This even has a free printable to go along with it!
- If you’re anything like me, then you have dozens of random puzzle pieces hanging around. Time to a make Bargain Briana‘s Puzzle Pumpkin Decoration with the kids. This would make the sweetest DIY fall gift!
- Help kids recognize emotions with this Easy Paper Plate Feelings Pumpkin.
- Not in the mood for pumpkin carving? How about creating this Construction Paper Pumpkin from Fun Littles, and decorating the construction paper with googly eyes and markers, instead! A fun way to change it up is to cut an egg carton, and use the bottom as eyes.
- Play Tic-Tac-Toe with Pumpkins in this toddler-approved pumpkin activity. Head on over to Toddler Approved for the tutorial!
- The next time you bake a pumpkin pie, whip up a batch of this Pumpkin Pie Play Dough to play with, while you wait for your treat to bake!
- This “Your Little Pumpkin” handprint card from Frugal Fun 4 Boys makes such a cute keepsake.
Fall Fun for the Whole Family!
What’s your favorite pumpkin craft, activity, or recipe? Comment below!