If you want to avoid the crowds, but still get out of your house, spring picnics are a great idea! Celebrate warmer weather by packing these spring picnic foods in a basket, grabbing a blanket, and setting up a picnic with your kids in the back yard. It’s fun and it’s free! (You were going to eat anyway, right?)
4 Ways to Spring into Spring with Picnic Foods
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Fruit Salad
There is nothing sweeter than Burnt Macaroni‘s Easy Fruit Salad! It’s a quick recipe, which makes it an excellent choice for those last-minute outdoor adventures.
Pita Bread Sandwiches… The Perfect Picnic Food!
Pita sandwiches are perfect for picnics, because you don’t have to worry about your sandwich falling apart on your lap!
- Pita bread
- Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- Avocado, cut into slices
- Turkey slices
- Apples, cut into thin slices
- Gruyere Cheese, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Start by cutting the pita bread in half.
- For the first sandwich, fill the pita half with shredded chicken, avocado slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the second sandwich, fill the pita half with turkey slices, cheese, apple slices, and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap sandwiches in parchment paper.
Strawberry Apple Salad
For the Salad:
For the Dressing:
And if you are looking for a dressing for this salad, you have to try Burnt Macaroni‘s Maple Syrup Dressing! Just keep it separate from the salad, until you are ready to serve.
Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar Makes a Yummy Picnic Food Dessert!
For dessert, we are going back to our favorite mason jar for Burnt Macaroni‘s Banana Cream Cheesecake in a Jar! It’s easy and so fresh when outside enjoying a picnic.
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
One of our favorite parts of cooking, is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our must-have items, which would also make wonderful holiday gifts for the foodies on your list!
More Picnic Foods and Ideas Your Family Will Love!
What is your family’s favorite spring picnic food? Comment below!