Getting everyone out the door and feeding them a healthy breakfast can be a challenge during the work/ school week! We have the solution! Try these 5 Breakfasts That Will Make You Love School Mornings!
Easy Breakfast Ideas for School Mornings
This post contains affiliate links.
I don’t know how it is in your house, but most school mornings we are all running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get everyone out the door on time.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I try to serve the healthiest breakfasts I can. Here are some quick and healthy breakfast recipes for when you are short on time!
Waffles with Nutella
- Frozen or Homemade Waffles
- Strawberries, cut into thin slices
- Prepare frozen or homemade waffles.
- Spread a layer of Nutella on the waffles.
- Add slices of strawberries on top of the Nutella.
- Toast bread in toaster or oven.
- Add a layer of ricotta cheese to the bread.
- Add slices of pears.
- Drizzle honey on top.
Avocado Toast with Strawberries
- Wheat bread, sliced
- Avocado, smashed
- Strawberries, sliced
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- Toast the bread in a toaster or oven.
- Smash the avocado and spread on the toast.
- Next, add the sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar on top.
Yogurt Banana Popsicles
- Cut the bananas in half.
- Next, place the popsicle stick inside the flat side of the banana.
- Dip the tip of the banana in strawberry yogurt.
- Dip the yogurt side into the granola.
**If you make these for an afternoon snack, place the Yogurt Banana Popsicles on a piece of parchment paper and put in freezer for up to 2 hours to freeze the yogurt.
- Black Forest Ham (sandwich sliced), chopped
- Mexican Cheese, shredded
- Flour Tortillas
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a pan, heat up chopped ham, and then set aside.
- Scramble the eggs in the same pan. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Next, add ham to the eggs.
- In a separate pan, warm up the flour tortillas.
- Add egg and ham mixture to the flour tortillas.
- Next, sprinkle shredded cheese.
- Spread salsa on top of burrito, or use for dipping.
Tips for Quick and Healthy School Morning Breakfasts
My number one tip is to plan ahead! If I don’t meal prep and meal plan, it all goes down the drain! Before the school year begins, we have a brief family meeting, discussing our favorite meals (this way I am not wasting time and resources making meals no on will eat!).
I try to make different things that I can freeze (like egg and veggie “omelet muffins”, smoothies, muffins, overnight oats, and homemade granola that I store in the fridge to serve over yogurt with berries).
Set everything out the night before so that you have more time to sit down and enjoy your first meal of the day with your family before everyone heads out into the world.
Don’t beat yourself up if you don’t have time to sit down for breakfast every day! Sometimes, it’s just not realistic to try and cram it in to an already hectic morning. Focus on what you can control and the times that you can do it–like weekends!
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
We have so much fun trying out new kitchen gadgets! Here are our must-haves:
What is your favorite quick and healthy breakfast for the busy school/ work week? Comment below!