Apple picking season is almost here! These 5 Easy and Quick Fall Apple Recipes are sure to please everyone during your fall gatherings!
What to Make with Fresh Apples
This post includes affiliate links.
Fall is my favorite season! Sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, hayrides, bonfires, and apple picking! It’s a tradition in our family to go to the local apple orchard and pick a huge basket full of fresh apples! The next best part after apple picking, is deciding which apple recipes we will use to make our favorite apple treats for fall! Here are some of my family’s favorites:
Chocolate Dipped Apple Slices
Holly’s Homemade Applesauce
- After you have peeled, cored, and sliced the apples, put them in a pot of water. Cook for 20 minutes, until soft.
- Drain and mix, until it’s soft and turns to liquid.
- Add the sugar, and mix.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
Kids Apple Dump Cake
This is the perfect, easy dessert for any occasion! If you’ve heard of a dump cake, that’s exactly what you do to make this treat. Your family will love this Kids Apple Dump Cake!
Traditional Apple Crisp
- 2 1/2 cups Apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup Flour, sifted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish
- Arrange apple slices evenly in baking dish
- In a mixing bowl, sift flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt, add to the apples.
- Cut butter, using two knives, until it looks like cornmeal. Sprinkle butter over the apples.
- Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.
Hot Apple Cider
- In a large saucepan, heat the cider, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and orange slices for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is hot.
- Strain the cider into a pitcher or mug.
- Add a cinnamon stick for garnish.
Gluten Free and Vegan Fall Recipes
The best part about most apple recipes is that they are easy to adapt to fit a gluten- free, vegan diet. All you need is a little imagination!
In order to make the Chocolate-Dipped Apple Slices recipe fit for someone with a gluten or dairy allergy, use Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and gluten-free vegan caramel. If a loved one has a nut allergy, omit the pecans, and use some yummy organic, gluten-free, and dairy-free chocolate sprinkles!
For the Kid’s Apple Dump Cake, just buy some gluten-free, vegan yellow cake mix.
The recipes for Holly’s Homemade Applesauce and Hot Apple Cider are already gluten-free and vegan!
Fall Apple Activities for Kids
A trip to the apple orchard is fun and educational! Keep the lessons coming with baking up these yummy treats and crafting or reading as you wait for your treats to come out of the oven!
My daughter and I have always loved to read Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie while baking our fall apple treats. Nothing beats snuggling up to share a good book, while sipping hot apple cider, in a warm, cozy house that smells of apple crisp!
We also love trying out different apple crafts, and painting with apples! While at the apple farm, I usually buy a little hay so that we can make mini scarecrows with old clothes to display in our yard.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
We love trying out new kitchen gadgets! Here are a few of our current favorites:
What are your favorite apple recipes for fall? Comment below!