Break out your garden gloves, and have some summer fun planting an indoor herb garden with your little ones! Then, whip up some yummy meals with these 5 Fun Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden!
5 Fun Recipes Using your Indoor Herb Garden
This post contains affiliate links.
Are you looking for fun and educational activities for your kids during summer break? An indoor herb garden is a wonderful, ongoing science project! It’s also a lesson in responsibility (and gardening), and a fun activity to share as a family.
Indoor Herb Garden
Creating an Indoor Herb Garden is pretty simple. It takes a few supplies and your favorite herbs!
- 2 cups Fresh Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 teaspoons Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the basil and pine nuts into a food processor and pulse a few times.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan or Romano cheese, and then pulse a few more times. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides of the bowl!
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil, a little at a time, scraping down the sides again.
- Stir in some salt and pepper to taste.
Basil, Tomato, and Mozzarella Sandwich
- French Bread, cut into sandwich-sized slices
- 6 Tablespoons Basil Pesto (recipe above)
- Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Slice the bread in half.
- Coat one side with the basil pesto (or substitute with olive oil).
- Layer on the tomatoes, salt, pepper, mozzarella slices, and fresh basil leaves.
- Top with the other half of bread and cut into slices.
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Naan bread
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Tomato, sliced
- Pizza sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°.
- Add the Naan bread to the oven to heat up the crust (for just a few minutes).
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on top of the bread.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and tomato slices.
- Then, add fresh basil to the top.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
The best part of cooking is experimenting with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our favorites:
More Recipes and Activities for the Whole Family
What are your best indoor herb garden tips? Comment below!