Whether your family sits down to watch football, baseball, hockey or basketball, game day is always a great time to share food and memories. There’s something for everyone in these 5 Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family!
5 Football Game Day Snack Ideas for the Family
This post contains affiliate links.
Nothing brings the family together like good food and Game Day! Whether you are throwing a big football party, or you’re just viewing the game with your family, we have the best Game Day snacks!
Game Day Italian Sandwich
- Sandwich roll
- Avocado Mayo
- Provolone Cheese
- Cut the sandwich roll in half.
- Spread Avocado Mayo on both sides of the bread.
- Start layering sandwich with ham, salami, capocollo, provolone cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
- Serve hot or cold.
Spinach Artichoke Dip in Bread Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 jar Artichoke Hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz Light Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute the artichoke hearts and spinach over medium heat, until liquid has evaporate.
- In a food processor, combine the mozzarella, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the artichoke hearts and spinach and blend completely.
- Pour into baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes, until the top bubbles.
- While it’s cooking, prepare your bread bowl by taking out the center of the bread (save the bread slices to use for dipping).
- Pour the spinach artichoke dip into center of bread bowl.
- Refrigerate the rest for future dipping.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- Mini hotdogs
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream, warm
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove crescent rolls from the can, and cut into strips.
- Place the mini hotdog on the crescent dough, and roll around the hotdog.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the water and egg together.
- Using a brush, lightly paint the egg/water mixture on top of each of the hotdog rolls.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes.
- While the hotdogs are cooking, heat up the cream and mustard, until it comes to a soft boil.
- Remove and serve with mini hotdogs.
Salami & Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Salami Slices
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the salami slice.
- Roll up the salami and stick a toothpick in two places of the roll up.
- Cut in half.
- Serve with a toothpick.
Traditional Cheese Plate
- Garlic Naan
- Olive Oil
- 4 Cheeses of your choice (Cheddar, Smoked Gouda, Wine Cheese, and Garlic Herb soft cheese)
- Summer Sausage
- Olives with Blue Cheese
- Red Seedless Grapes
- Green Onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread olive oil and a pinch of sea salt on each slice of Garlic Naan.
- Put inthe oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Cut into triangular slices, and serve with the cheese plate.
- Assemble all of the cheese plate ingredients on a platter.
Tips for Throwing a Football Party
The biggest tip for planning a football party is to make sure you have enough food for your guests. You are better off having too much food (and then sending leftovers home with guests) as opposed to having not enough! I also keep a stock of easy snacks, like chips (the mini bag multi-pack chips are the best for guests!), dip, pretzels, cookies, and veggies on hand, in case we run out.
If a guest offers to bring a dish, take them up on it! Every little bit helps.
When inviting guests, find out if anyone has a food sensitivity or allergy. I usually keep some vegetarian/ vegan options (like veggie burgers) on hand, as well, because you never know!
Set up a “conversation/ hang out” area that is out of earshot from the TV, but still in view for the guests who want to talk more than they want to watch.
Most importantly, have fun and take pictures!
Some of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
The only thing we like better than trying a new recipe is playing with new kitchen gadgets! Here are some of our favorites:
Recipes and Activities for Football Season
What is your family’s favorite Game Day snack? Comment below!