Being a mom is awesome…and overwhelming all at the same time! Join me & 15 awesome mom-experts to chat about motherhood and give you actionable tips!
Whether your kiddos have already started their school year, or you are getting close, you are probably already thinking about lunch ideas! If your child has a food sensitivity, you are always looking for new ideas. Try these 5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas!
5 Meatless & Nut-Free Back to School Lunch Ideas
This post contains affiliate links.
Not only are these lunches perfect for school, they are great to take to work, too!
Lunch 1 – Nut-Free Hummus
- Chick Peas (1 can), drained
- One Lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Add drained chick peas, lemon juice, garlic, and a good pour of olive oil into a food processor. The amount of oil depends on the consistency you want in your hummus. Start out slow — it’s easier to add than take away!
- Put hummus into a container with some parsley.
- Serve with carrots or pita bread chips.
Lunch 2- Parmesan Kale Chips
• Bag of Organic Kale
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, grated
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Wash and separate kale into bite-sized pieces.
• In a large bowl, add kale, olive oil, and salt, and mix.
• Add parmesan cheese and mix again.
• On a lined baking sheet, place kale in a single layer on top.
• Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
Serve the kale chips with a variety of foods, including a hard-boiled egg, grapes, string cheese, and pretzels.
Lunch 3 – Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
- Pimento Cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Green Pepper
- Spread the pimento cheese over a flour tortilla. Roll tight, and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Or ,cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” — and add the pimento cheese to the pepper to create a pepper boat!
Serve the pimento cheese rolls (or boat) with an orange and a spinach strawberry salad.
Lunch 4 – Pizza Rounds
- Crescent Rounds
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Put the crescent rounds on a lined baking sheet, and put in the oven for about 6-7 minutes.
- When the rounds are a little more than half way done, remove from oven. and add a spoon of sauce on top. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve the pizza rounds with carrots, grapes, applesauce, and pretzels.
Lunch 5 – Cream Cheese & Chives Pepper Boat
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Chives, chopped
- Green Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives.
- Cut the green pepper in half, then in half again to create a “boat” for the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the cream cheese to the pepper.
Serve the cream cheese & chives pepper boat with a hard-boiled egg, strawberries, and Cheerios.
Some Of Our Favorite Kitchen Products
Half the fun of cooking is trying out new gadgets for the kitchen! These are some of our favorites:
Back to School Recipes and Tips
What is your child’s favorite lunchbox surprise? Comment below!