Staying home with the kids on New Year’s Eve does not have to be a bore.
It can actually be quite fun!
There are so many creative ideas to have an exciting night of New Years fun with the kids.
Top 10 Kids New Year’s Eve Activities
- Grab a plastic bin or a large pan and fill it up with lots of party favors and decorations for a fun sensory bin.
- Print out this set of three adorable New Year coloring pages. This is a super easy way to have fun and be a little festive with the kids.
- Play charades! Make a list of holiday words on a sheet of paper, cut them out and take turns acting them out or drawing the clues.
- Feel like you’re in Times Square with your very own sparkly New Year’s ball. Just a styrofoam ball, glue, sequins and rhinestones is all you need.
- Create a family time capsule! Decorate a shoe box and then add things inside that signify your year as a family. Include photos, a list of your favorite things, ticket stubs, etc.
- Play New Year’s bingo with this free printable game board. Keep track of all the fun things you see and hear during the evening.
- Kids love making noise, and New Years Eve is the perfect time to do so. Spread colorful bubble wrap on the floor and let the kids pop it!
- Make your own fireworks…in a jar! This is a safe, fun, and easy way to celebrate the New Year.
- Learn about the Chinese tradition of the Lunar New Year by making a drum from paper plates and beads.
- Make the fun last all night with these incredible count down bags. Fill smalls bags with activities for kids like a new movie, disposable camera, games etc., and label them to open at different times throughout the night.
For more festive activity ideas, please follow our Facebook page!